Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Making slow progress...

Hello :) I'm still here.  Exams started at school and suddenly my quilting ground to a halt.  I've had this top done for a couple weeks but haven't gotten the backing sewn together yet.  I first started on these red blocks months ago.  I initially planned to set them with Kona Coal.  I'd gotten about 3 of them set and then it sat and I stared at it on my design wall all summer...

Finally I admitted that I just didn't like the grey and cut it off.  I think the brown turned out great and now I'm sure I made the right choice cutting the grey. Since I was trying not to buy any new fabric I had to use two different browns and merged them with some red stripes.  Hopefully one day soon I'll get this backed and basted so I can start on quilting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment