|Pressed HSTs for a few hours last night. Is that pile getting ANY smaller?!|
For reasons that I can only credit to temporary insanity I decided to make this quilt with 2" HSTs and without borders to help fill it out. ...Oh my. To make a decent sized twin quilt that's (72) 8" blocks or 864 HSTs or (1,152) 2" units or 2016 individual pieces in this quilt! No matter how you think about it, it's a much more labor intensive quilt than I usually tackle.
With a burst of productivity in the past couple days I got all the HSTs cut and sewn and spent about 2 hours pressing them last night. Today I started assembling the blocks. So far I have learned that I CAN get away without trimming all those little devils (Hallelujah!) but I CAN'T avoid pressing the seams open. I have my little Clover mini-iron out to help with pressing all those seams open and I've already burnt my finger good to start the day off.
|This is what 864 freshly pressed HSTs looks like, in case you were wondering.|