Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Snowy WIP Wednesday

Yes, I said snowy! In Texas! Much as I am not looking forward to driving to working in the slush tomorrow it always makes me smile to see flakes falling down.  The cold weather was a perfect excuse to spend Monday and Tuesday inside sewing. 


All my blocks for the scrappy Country Home Quilt are done. This block was designed by Mihaela and the pattern will be out soon.  I am planning some thin sashing and a string-pieced piano key border for this.  I was trying to steer away from my normal blue/green palette and use some fall/warm colors instead.  I really like how it's coming together.


I also worked on quilting the Drunken Circles do. Good Stitches quilt.  I am trying to do a multi-spiral quilting variation on this.  I have spiral quilted before with success but this time it was thwarting me. After some unpicking and re-pinning I swapped my walking foot for a FMQ foot and we're back on track.


I can't wait to show you this one all done!  Linking up to WIP Wednesday.

7 comments:

  1. I was iced into the hotel here in Abilene. Not so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad weather made you to work so long and beautiful!
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those drunken circles are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was reading someones post yesterday on their swirl quilting and they said they started with an FMQ foot in the center and then eventually went to a walking foot. Hope it all works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving those Country Home blocks! I thought the whole thing was going to be brown but this is better. I also still think it's funny that we're both doing spirals ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Drunken Circles quilt looks great! Linda NZ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilts! I love making the Drunkard's Path block. Something about sewing curves takes so much concentration and yet it is relaxing to make.
    Snow in Texas would not be so bad if you did not have to drive when the roads were a mess! I hope you are not getting any of the black ice. I think I aged quite a few years after driving on the black ice when we lived in Texas.

    ReplyDelete