Thursday, May 12, 2016

Mina's Fall Stripes Finished

Another week, another blog reader's quilt top finished for Covered in Love!  This top was sent in by Mina, a regular monthly block drive contributor.  This quilt features gorgeous, saturated fabrics that you might recognize because she used the same ones in some other quilt blocks she sent in.


This time Mina paired her fabric scraps with a simple textured background fabric to really make them pop.  Brightly colored fall leaves, grapes, berries, and acorns.


The sun was coming in and out behind the clouds when I took these, so I got pictures in different lights.


Thank you to Mina, and all the other generous folks in blog land who send in block, tops, and quilts for Covered in Love.  And thanks to those who have sent in quilts through the H2H drive.  In the past week or so I've gotten gorgeous quilts and some bonus tops from Joanna, Kathy, Rosemarie, and Lisa. These quilts make meaningful gifts for mourning families.  If you would like to contribute visit the main page or check out our monthly block drive.


Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts.

4 comments:

  1. Love what you're doing with your passion for quilting, Kat! I'd like to contribute a top or fully made quilt in the future. Consider it on my to-do list ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kat, you always make these tops look amazing. My H2H quilt is in the mail today

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt! Off to Mina's blog now to see more of her work!

    Kat, my H2H quilts might arrive a bit after the deadline. I can't get them washed for a while because of our travel schedule. I know you have a good backlog of quilts now, so hopefully it won't be a problem for mine to be late.

    ReplyDelete