Thursday, January 25, 2018

Other People's UFOs



I have a file on my computer called "Other People's UFOs" where I save the photos of quilts that started off as someone else's projects.  Many of them come to me at the top stage, some as blocks.  I love the variety that these projects bring to Covered in Love and I love that they get finished and go to forever homes!


This pretty and very large top was pieced by Priscilla and quilted by Kathy.  It's got a great scrappy, vintage look and the 8-patch rectangles are so different and neat.


This bright flannel top was pieced by Suzanne and quilted by Kathy as well. Kathy and I agreed that quilting a flannel quilt feels like wresting a dragon.  This one had a flannel backing as well, pieced from donated fabrics, so it's extra snuggly. 


This quilt is obviously for a child with all the bright, fun fabrics. CiL doesn't give out too many quilts to children but rarely it does happen.  This cozy, cuddly quilt will be perfect for a child who needs it.

If you'd like to join in with Covered in Love's mission you can learn more on the main page or check out the block drive.  The current Covered in Love block drive is a fun string block and there's a GIVEAWAY going on, too!  More info here!



Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Crazy Mom Quilts and Finished or Not Friday

5 comments:

  1. I love that top quilt. I think I may have enough short strips to make a comfort quilt with that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you finishing other peoples UFO's! I can't imagine quilting a flannel quilt. I've used flannel for backings, but never for blocks!! I love the first one very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how these UFOs got new life through new hands. You, Suzanne, Priscilla and Kathy received them as fresh projects and breathed love into them. And you know I love those bright flannel fabrics! Perhaps it will comfort a child who has lost a beloved grandparent and needs to be Covered in Love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love that first quilt mainly because it is so vintage looking. I am so tempted to make one. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done a service to those UFOs while doing a service for grieving families. Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete