Thursday, February 1, 2018

NURTURE circle Square Stars



The Square Stars quilt that the NURTURE circle ladies made is finally done!  The ladies made these blocks back in October and I assembled and quilted them.


It's taken this long because I decided first to make the quilt larger with some blank blocks, and then to do a more complicated quilting design.


I did some stitch in the ditch first (actually it's more like stitch around the ditch, but who's looking that close).  Then I filled in the white crosses with a tight stipple and continued that into negative space.


With the tight stipple I could only do about one and a half crosses per bobbin, so needless to say it took a while and I stretched it out over several days to keep from getting worn out. 


I was happy to find the perfect backing in my donated fabrics. Thanks so much to everyone who contributed to make this quilt!

If you'd like to join in with Covered in Love's mission you can learn more on the main page or check out the block drive.  The current Covered in Love block drive is a fun string block and there's a GIVEAWAY going on, too!  More info here!



Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Crazy Mom Quilts and Finished or Not Friday

8 comments:

  1. Ooo, stippled ghost blocks! I love it! This is such a neat pattern with all the negative space. Great finish, Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty pattern, and I love your color scheme. You can never go wrong with lots of scrappy low volume negative space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! This will surely be loved and appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always fun to see what you are up, this is a great setting for these blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pattern there with great colors. I sent my string blocks out to you this week, I wasn't able to finish as many as I hoped. I hope you will be able to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout with the additional blocks is really, really interesting -- much more so than if it was just a regular grid of all the same blocks. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. do good. Stitches did GOOD... and you did, too!!!

    ReplyDelete