Thursday, April 19, 2018

Past the 300 Mark!

 Big news! With the latest quilt drop off today CiL officially crossed the 300-quilt-mark donated!


That's right, the latest quilt delivery brought us up to a grand total of 305 quilts donated to mourning families in the East Texas area!  So many people from around the country, and even around the world, have contributed to those quilts to make this possible for Covered in Love.


This week I quilted up the last 3 of the tops Theresa had sent me. Theresa sent me 13 quilt tops last Fall!


Really pretty fabrics in this brown one. I found the perfect surprise fabric for the backing from the ones Sandra has sent.


This pink, green, and grey flowery top I quilted with all kinds of loops.  Really, really pretty fabrics.


The really cool this about this one is the 3D diamonds on it.  I was careful not to pin them down with the quilting.


Last, there was this Christmas top with novelty fabrics. I did a stipple over it.


Sandra had given me the perfect backing for this one, too.  I imagine it going to cover a family matriarch who loves Christmas: bringing her whole family together under one roof, feeding them until they're ready to pop, cousins camped out in the living room, and surprising the grandchildren with Santa deliveries.  I really believe that every quilt will find its perfect family!


Don't forget about the block drive going on now! If you'd like to join in with Covered in Love's mission you can learn more on the main page or check out the block drive.  The current Covered in Love block drive is an easy Hunter's Star block.



Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Crazy Mom Quilts and Finished or Not Friday

12 comments:

  1. So lovely and that chocolate backing is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on reaching 300 quilts. I love the chocolate backing. Maybe it will go to a Forest Gump fan and help the family remember all of the beautiful things that were inside their loved one's "box of chocolates."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Love the beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, 305 quilts is such a great result! Beautiful quilts

    ReplyDelete
  5. True cause for celebration! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, 305! That's a major milestone, for sure :) And thanks for sharing that a Christmas piece is appropriate for CiL. You're right that it will be just the perfect quilt for someone, and the chaplain will just know when that family needs it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! Congratulations to all involved. I've been working on a quilt I'm planning to donate to our local Hospice organization, inspired by Covered in Love's mission.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I am impressed! I'll keep sending in blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on reaching over 300 quilts! That is totally awesome & I know that everyone who receives one of these quilts will feel some peace & comfort when using it. Thank you for starting this journey of love & for all the time & $ you have put into making it happen. It's been a real joy & pleasure to be a part of Covered in Love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurray for surpassing the 300 quilt mark!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that first quilt pictured! 300+! Amazing work by everyone!

    ReplyDelete