Thursday, March 7, 2019

do. Good Stitches

No big finishes this week, but I did get two months worth of do. Good Stitches blocks done.  Based on how long it took me to do these I think that's worth a post!  As most of you probably have heard me say before, I've been a member of the Nurture circle since 2013 and the circle has been supporting Covered in Love since 2015.


Dhia asked for red and grey star blocks for February using the Moda Love pattern.  We each made 2 which finish at 12.5". Boy did these contain a lot of tiny pieces!


Next, Jenny asked for split nine patch blocks following this tutorial with a different color scheme.  I really like this block, so don't be surprised if you see it in a future CiL block drive.


I was the queen bee for January and asked for string blocks in "peanut butter and jelly" colors following this tutorial. Everyone did a great job and I'm in the process of arranging them on the design wall.  I asked for them to go ahead and send along the extra bits, too, and I turned those into hourglass blocks.  We're going to get two quilts out of this one!


And finally, here's a picture of Sundae owning the place at the vet's office this week. Meanwhile, Fudge cowers in the carrier. My wild child and the sweet, sensitive one ;)


Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 400 so far! The Jan/Feb drive is going on now.  Check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved.


Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday

5 comments:

  1. Great blocks! I really like the split nine patch blocks and your fabrics really make them sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Moda Love blocks turned out so pretty. Looks like a lot of time went into making them. I don't think I've ever seen the Split Nine block before...very interesting & so colorful with your fabrics. You can never go wrong with the string blocks & the colors are great. I like how you utilized every scrap from them. Fantastic climbing area for the cats that visit the vet! Sundae would like you to make one to have at home. :) Hope Fudge got over the trauma of being at the vet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks! It's wonderful that Nurture circle supports CiL. I'm looking forward to seeing all these turned into finished quilts for the cause :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project, Kat! Thanks for including the tutorial links.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think our cats would like the fabric to jump on. They prefer nice hard surfaces, or someone's tummy! The blocks are all great, and I do like the peanut butter and jelly idea for color coordination.

    ReplyDelete