Thursday, July 18, 2019

BIG Quilts for CiL


Hello and happy weekend again! This week's post was rescued by a box that came in the mail from South Texas.

I love the crossweave fabrics that surround the blocks

Mel, who volunteers her longarm machine, her batting and her expertise for Covered in Love's benefit, returned these two quilts.  This tops quilt with all the pretty blues and purples was a top sent in by Priscilla.  The bottom one was sent in by Jannette from Canada, and I shipped them to Mel to finish.


They're both very large, in the range of 90" or 100", so mega thanks to Jannette and Priscilla for sending them in and Mel for finishing them so beautifully. I'm sure they will be treasured by the families they land with.

"It doesn't count as being on the counter if my feet are still on the chair"

Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 400 so far! The July/August drive is going on now.  Check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved.


Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts, but that cat. Oh dear, he looks like a stinker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the blues and greens especially. Many thanks to both Mel and Jannette for sharing their time, talents and hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blues are beautiful! So vibrant and striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful quilts from Jannette. The blue/green quilt just glows! Thanks to your volunteers who have given you two more beauties to pass to families who need comfort. Looks like Fudge has "cattitude". He's so sneaky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol! Looks like the minute you turn your back that cat is going to be on the counter! What lovely quilts - so generous of Janette and Mel to get them made up for CiL. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cat picture is hilarious, and I feel sure that's just what the cat is thinking, too! Those are beautiful, big quilts. I haven't sent my two blocks yet, because I'm hoping to find time to make more. I'm giving myself until mid-August.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kat! Oh, totally on board with not on the counter if your feet are on the chair. I support that 100%. HAHA! Nice quilts for CIL and holy moly those are large. The new owner's-to-be will surely feel all the love stitched and quilted into them. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those quilts are GORGEOUS! and the cat cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that kitty photo! Oh, and nice quilts too. giggle!

    ReplyDelete