Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2026

Linda & Becky

Happy Friday, Quilters! This week's quilts are tops by Becky, quilted my Linda. Thanks ladies! Things have been a bit dramatic around here. 

I got a nasty cat bite and infection that had me limping for a week. It's been long enough now that I can start to find some humor in it. 

Fudge had a psychotic episode on the catio due to the presence of a stray cat. In the past I've thrown a blanket over him and bundled him up (he snaps out of it as soon as he's in the house) but this time I wasn't careful enough and he latched onto my leg.

I'll spare you the pictures, but suffice it to say I had a bad bite/scratch that got a pretty good infection despite oral antibiotics. I ended up in the ER with a fever to get a bag of IV antibiotics. 

And then because I went to the ER animal control got involved. Fortunately Fudge has his rabies vaccine so he could quarantine at home. Mom has been getting a big kick out of telling all her church friends that a man with a bullet proof vest and a gun came to arrest Fudge. 

Also at the same time I lost my wallet and had to replace everything. And the antibiotics gave me thrush and I couldn't eat because my mouth hurt so bad. And I had to work the entire time, limping around the hospital. It was not a fun couple weeks. 

Fudge, with no thoughts in his entire head

The furry little criminal has no knowledge or memory of the entire incident. The animal control officer took his mug shot and he sniffed the camera. 

In my next life I want to come back as a cat. 


Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 1700 so far! The Summer 2026 block drive is live now.  Check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved. 


  Linking to Finished or Not Friday

11 comments:

  1. You have my sympathies - cat bite, infection, ER, Animal control and a lost wallet. Hope your life is smoother now. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a terrible couple of weeks, Kat. SEW glad you are on the mend! Thanks for sharing another great batch of quilts. I love quilts with a rainbow of color, but the juxtaposition of the turquoise and neutrals of that final quilt is quite appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In hindsight, yes, the story is funny, but cat bites are scary! I'm so glad everything worked out okay in the end and Fudge gets to continue his shenanigans. (I, too, have an orange cat whose only thought is "pet me, pet me, pet me!") The quilts look great, foo. Happy bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Becky & Linda, for the beautiful quilts. I know that Kat is so thankful to all who support CiL.
    Psycho Cat looks worn out from the episode! Glad you are on the mend. I hope someone finds you wallet & sends it to you. Oh, the pain of having to cancel cards, etc. So Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Becky and Linda--your quilts are beauties! Oh Fudge! What an ordeal you put your human through. I'm glad that she can see the humor in it after getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. On my! You did have a rough week. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my dear you had a frightful week, hope things are almost normal for you once again. Those are really pretty quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for all your troubles. You should know that I literally laughed out loud about your mom's comment! Isn't it just like cats to create all that commotion and then quickly move on to lounging like it never happened at all. What an ordeal for you and some serious infection for it to cause you to limp. I know animal bites are a big deal. I once was bit breaking up a fight between two guinea pigs and was put on 2 antibiotics just in case. We animal lovers don't care and would do it all over again. But animal control is some serious business so that's got to be pretty scary. I hope you were warned ahead of time that they might show up. Great job on the quilt showings and so grateful that the attack cat is back to being a loaf!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adventure! I'm glad that you're better and your cat wasn't arrested for assault.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quilts are a great backdrop to a dramatic story! And these are real beauties. Becky has a great eye for color and design, and Linda's quilting is always spectacular. Many thanks to both ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, what a time you’ve had! I’d be scared to death for Fudge at animal control getting involved on top of worry for your health. Glad your mom has been getting some enjoyment over Fudge’s animal control entanglement. Hope you are healing well and getting back to normal.

    ReplyDelete