Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Still Diamonds on the Design Wall

If you saw Monday's post I had one of December's string diamonds quilts on the wall.  I got that one sewn up. Then on Tuesday I did the second one.  And today the last one is laid out ready to be sewn!  This top ended up being the one with the least coordination between the browns, but I still think it looks alright.  Somehow this one also ended up with a lot of blues in it.


I realized a couple days ago that I have used up all of my backing fabrics in bright colors, so I ordered some more. I usually order backings from Connecting Threads.  In their clearance section they have a lot of fabrics for less than $3, so I can order enough for a back for less than $10.  Plus if I spend over $50 shipping is free.  I've ordered loads of fabric from them over the years and never had a problem with the quality or the colors running.  I'm not sponsored obviously, just a plug for one of my favorite fabric sources :)


And here's the obligatory Rory photo.  She's holding down that stack of blocks like a champ!

Linking to Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday.

4 comments:

  1. The block are looking great together, very well coordinated. To keep the cost low, I usually use Kona solids for my quilt backs. I like your idea of ordering from Connecting Threads. Rory is obviously taking her job very seriously :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt looks great! I usually go clearance section for my backings too. Sometimes I can find a good deal at Fabric.com too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Rory. Thanks for the tip about backing fabric from Connecting Threads. I really like the design of this quilt. Very pretty. I came across your blog on WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The string diamond blocks are looking great!
    I agree that Connecting Threads has great clearance prices, and I have gotten many lovely fabrics from them.

    ReplyDelete