I think I've finally gotten a handle on my problem with sleeping the weekends away. Wilson, of course, continued as per usual :)
I made great progress on the NURTURE circle of do. Good Stitches August quilt this weekend. You can expect and finish post on Friday about that one :)
Based on a suggestion I read online somewhere I tried wrapping my binding around a spare spool and sticking it on the bobbing winding peg on top of my machine. Worked like a charm! Much better than my usual method of stringing binding across the floor to keep it from tangling :)
I also got September's blocks done for do. Good Stitches. These scrappy stash-buster blocks used (136) 1.5" squares but somehow hardly made a dent in my crumbs jar! They were a lot of fun to make, anyway. Maybe this is how I can use up all those crumbs one of these days.
Close up of one of the blocks. These tiny square finish at 1", so fun to fussy cut! I feel like that owl is disapproving of the monkey.
On the design wall, the improv monkey quilt continues to grow. Up to 5 blocks done out of 12. This one is so much fun. Each 16" block is like a mini quilt to plan and sew. Keeping the cuts of fabric large is making it go pretty quickly. Looking forward to getting it finished.
Last but certainly not least, my door prize from The 2013 Pets on Quilts Show arrived!! 40 delicious 10" batik squares. Thanks so so much to Hoffman fabrics and Snoodlz at Lily Pad Quilting. You can see my entry to the show here
Whew! Finally, a productive weekend! I'm linking up to design wall Monday at Patchwork Times. Be sure to see what everyone else has going on there.