Thursday, June 4, 2015

Disappearing Nine Patch: For the Birds

Hello and welcome to the weekend! I am fortunate to have another finish to show you this week. This time a disappearing nine patch I made for Covered in Love.


The inspiration fabric for this quilt was the birds.  Yellow, red, and bluish birds perched in branches with red berries.


I found some nice coordinating fabrics to go with the birds. It took pretty much exactly 1 yd of the yellow, 1 yd of the birds, 2 yds of the tan and a half yd of the brown to make the top.


I stipple the body of the quilt but decided to do an Inbox Jaunt design called a square flower in the yellow squares.


The quilt finished at 56"x70". I went with a nice bright red on the back and binding since I wasn't able to work any into the front.


For anyone new to my blog, Covered in Love is my charity that provides comfort quilts to the families of patients who pass away in the hospital where I work.  Everyone is invited to contribute!


Linking to Finish it Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice, simple but elegant. The flowers are a really nice touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked the perfect backing! It shows off the quilting so nicely, and enhances the red details from the front. Congratulations on a lovely finish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The bird fabric is great. You sew so fast!

    ReplyDelete