Sunday, October 4, 2015

Patchwork Mosaic #2

On the design wall now is the second patchwork mosaic top, you can see the first one here.  These two tops are the result of the blocks that were sent in for September's block drive. A big thank you to the dozen quilters who pitched in!

There are three columns of blocks with grey sashing between; the grey kind of fades into my design wall
Every month I ask for volunteers to send in blocks of a certain type to make quilts for my pet charity Covered in Love, this month it's string blocks if you want to play, too :)


I love how different the two quilt tops ended up even though the blocks came from the exact same prompt. The second top has a much softer color palette.  I wish I could say I had the forethought to plan that, but it's just how it worked out.


This top also has some killer piecing on those tiny little blocks. Warning: photos ahead.



Each of these blocks finished at just 4" square. The skillful teensy piecing is so impressive!


I think this one is my favorite

You guys are the best! Keep sending in those blocks :)


Linking to Judy's Design Wall Monday.

2 comments:

  1. It really is amazing how all those blocks make such an eye-pleasing palette and design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some fantastic little(!) quilt blocks! I agree, the chevron is my fave too. Thanks for visiting mmm quilts too; think my Bella would (maybe) tolerate your Rory (she's a bit of a diva though)...

    ReplyDelete