Thursday, March 15, 2018

Cuddly Cozy Patchwork Quilts



Happy weekend! For most people around here Spring Break is ending and it's back to the grind stone.  I have the first 4 of the Nov/Dec block drive quilts for Covered in Love to share with you.


I thought I'd waited late enough to take these pictures, but the sun foiled me. 


You'll have to go a little bit on faith when I tell you that these quilts are beautiful and soooo cozy. The color scheme came together better than I hoped and it definitely gives off that comfy, tucked-in-with-a-book, cabin-by-the-lake feel I wanted.


There were some beautiful pieced blocks sent in.  Thank you to everyone who participated, all 38 of you!


These 4 quilts all measure 60x72. I bound several of them with a roll of navy blue and gold binding that Christy M. sent in. Thanks!


Beautiful quilts that will bless grieving families.


I took lots of close-ups to make up for the over-exposed big pictures.


Sandra S. is a generous quilter who keeps me in good backings.  She had sent me some really pretty, manly novelty fabrics with western motifs perfect for these quilts.


Horses and cowboys with cactus and buffalo.


Thank you to everyone who participated in this drive to provide CiL with beautiful quilts!


Don't forget about the block drive going on now! If you'd like to join in with Covered in Love's mission you can learn more on the main page or check out the block drive.  The current Covered in Love block drive is an easy Hunter's Star block.



Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Crazy Mom Quilts and Finished or Not Friday

16 comments:

  1. Four cozy quilt!! Never would have guessed that they were made from modified 9-Patch blocks. SEW amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are amazing masculine themed backing fabrics. What wonderful scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cozy quilts. You do an awesome job getting all those blocks together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These make me want to just bury my face in them, they look so snuggly! The lighting was great for showing the texture of the quilting. And how perfect are those backings? They really make the quilts rugged and log-cabin-y :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing quilts. It is just like the book stone soup where everyone donates a vegetable and they get a great pot of soup. All the differnet blocks come together and make a great quilt. Wonderful. Thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely 'come cuddle with me' quilts! I love all four of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They really are lovely! I was wondering how such a varied color palette would work? They worked very well indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful and yes, cozy! The backings really work well with these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these quilts, Kat! They are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these quilts... and I'm really getting into scrappy quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice stack of 'Wonderful' there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi - I have blocks to send you - can you please send me the mailing address to:
    kat525252 AT yahoo DOT com
    thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great quilts. I'm sure you have leftover blocks here and there but it really is amazing how you incorporate them all into beautiful and cohesive designs. I do appreciate when you ask for more muted colors. It forces me to dip into those neglected prints and let them have their day. I imagine your string block requests produce the biggest response, but these are such different and lovely designs to add to the mix. These have a scrappy and almost-antique look, and those backing fabrics make these cheerful, yet masculine quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love your stack of finished quilts. I may have to find my first quarter finishes and stack them up for a photo, but one is already gone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! I couldn’t imagine how they’d look but I can see why you’d be so pleased. You’ve got vision!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like those cozy Nov/Dec block drive quilts. The backing looks perfect for such beauties.

    ReplyDelete