Thursday, March 29, 2018

38 Quilters > 226 Blocks > 7 Quilts



Happy Friday! This is an especially good one for me since I have another block drive wrap up to show!  The Nov/Dec patchwork quilts are all done.  7 Quilts in the "Ready to Go" stack for Covered in Love.


These last 3 quilts measure a generous 72" square. Kathy assembled and quilted them for me (thank you!!)


It's funny that in the last year or so the block drives have expanded to the point that I consider a drive that produces "only" 7 quilts small.


Several of you have mentioned that you weren't too sure about how these blocks were going to come together before you saw the finished quilts.


I hope you're all sold now, I know I am!  Actually, I knew this would be a less popular block so I placed it at the holidays, when many people are too busy to participate anyway. 


I enjoy drives like this one where the blocks blend together and you can't tell what the original block was.


I used some more of Sandra's great manly-novelty yardages on these.


Many thanks to Sanrda, Kathy, and all the quilters who participated to make blocks!


Don't forget about the block drive going on now! If you'd like to join in with Covered in Love's mission you can learn more on the main page or check out the block drive.  The current Covered in Love block drive is an easy Hunter's Star block.



Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Crazy Mom Quilts and Finished or Not Friday

11 comments:

  1. I am always fascinated to see how random fabrics can come together to make heartwarming quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though they contain lots of browns and tans, these quilts really say "Americana" to me with the reds and blues dominating. So, so classic. I'm sure they will be gratefully received by the families and might even feel a bit like Quilts of Valor for the vets. Great job, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved making these blocks and I love how they came together. Let’s do another one like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these quilts are so pretty. I love how the colors all blended together & love the pieced squares in the blocks scattered throughout the quilt. Great job & thanks to all who participated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look beautiful. I confess, I wondered how my blocks would look when finished

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one was fun, but stretched my personal boundaries. They all look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those turned out great!! I wanted to contribute, but felt overwhelmed by the block. Another time, dear Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If it is not too much trouble, would you email me with an address to which I can send a donation for batting/thread/etc? I know that I am going to make donation blocks at some point, but for now, I can help with expenses. My email is julianaellington at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete