Tuesday, December 3, 2013

QAYG Progress

I finally have a WIP worthy of showing off this week! It's the finished "top" for the Quilt-as-You-Go sampler.  It's not exactly a top since it's already quilted but... anyway, it needs binding. That's where we're at.

Remember, I am posting the instructions to make this quilt as part of a sampler with new posts going up every Monday. So far I have posted the instructions for six (out of nine) blocks.

The light was starting to fade by the time I got out to take pics. Better pictures whenever I finish it, I promise!

To my complete surprise, the most fun part of this quilt has been the FMQ practice I'm getting. Each of the nine blocks is quilted with a different FMQ fill.  I really love the dense, smooth lines I am able to get by quilting on suck small blocks.


This past week I bought "Free Motion Quilting with Angela Walters" and wow! What a great help!  This book has step-by-step instructions with plenty of diagrams for different FMQ designs. I highly recommend it!


In other exciting news this week. I won a blog hop giveaway!  Fabrics N Quilts graciously sent my a fat quarter bundle of "Garden of Enchantment."  Very big thank you to them!!

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous quilt! I want to try the quilt as you go method one of these days; maybe on a little one first. Your quilt is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome! Thanks for blogging us!

    ReplyDelete