Thursday, February 20, 2014

Friday Finish: The Classmate Bag

Today I'm sharing a rather small finish.  Everything else is still a WIP :)   This is the "Classmate Bag" from Atkinson Designs.  A perfect small travel case for carry all the necessities to sew-ins and such.


The bag turned out great! I wish I could take credit for the flower print matching up on across the front flaps, but that was 100% luck.  Incidentally, almost all the fabrics used in this came from Hawthorne Threads scrap packs (you should buy some!)


The bag is actually more a folio, with a tri fold design that clips closed.  All the pockets are cleverly placed so that nothing falls out when you are carrying it.


All opened up the bag has lots and LOTS of pockets. I tried to stick something in each of them so you can get the idea. 


For the vinyl pockets I cut pieces from old zippered packaging bags.  You know, the kind that new bed spreads come in?  Probably not the recommended place to get your vinyl from, but it worked great and I've had these bags sitting around long enough that I'm not worried about the vinyl yellowing or cracking with age.


The bag is also useful to hang from the top loop and use as a desk-side organizer.  Here's hoping you had a productive week and that I have some big finishes to show again next week!

Linking up to Finish it Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.

5 comments:

  1. This is pretty amazing. You did a phenomenal job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful bag. I adore practical projects and this is beautiful. Are those bobbins being held by a pedicure toe separator? Brilliant! Creative Stitching Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool little bag! Great fabric choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! love the clear pockets and fabrics you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tis little bag came out great! I never thought about repurposing vinyl from bedding bags! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete