Thursday, May 18, 2017

From North Carolina to Texas, with Love

Johanna from North Carolina is one of Covered in Love's most dedicated volunteers. Over the past year or so she's sent in many blocks and tops.


Both of these tops were sent in by Johanna and quilted by a wonderful local volunteer quilter, Kathy. 


These are both great, scrappy tops.  The one with the rectangles was quilted with a stipple.


The other quilt looks to me like and orphan block quilt. What a great job to use up orphan blocks! Kathy made the wise decision to use stitch-in-the-ditch and outline quilting.


Both of these measure 60" square and are full of cute scrappiness!


Thank you ladies!


Covered in Love makes quilts for people who pass away in the hospital.  The current Covered in Love block drive is going on until the end of June if you want to help out.  More info here


Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Oh Scrap!

Listening to...a throwback to my days on "the boats". 



That's me on the top left!

9 comments:

  1. All I can say is "Holy Cow you are up in the air!" There is no way I could do that. Great quilts, too, and so nice that their time and talents were donated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your boat adventures. I KNOW I couldn't do that! LOL

    Quilts look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish Johanna had a blog so I could see some of her other works. She always donates great stuff to CiL.

    Even though I've heard OF that song many times, that's the first time I've ever actually HEARD it! I love close harmony a capella, sigh. And it strikes me that we still "strike soundings" in modern times. Our depth sounder loses its mind around 200 feet, so when it comes back on line we know we're out of the true ocean depths.

    I'm glad the day to day operations of a trawler don't involve so much climbing. At 54, I'm a tad creaky for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quilters are the best! Charity quilting is such a great way to give back!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both quilts turned out SEW well!! They will surely comfort a grieving family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. More beautiful quilts! It is so nice to know there are people with such huge hearts! Thanks for sharing with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilts! They will be well loved I'm sure. Very brave of you, up so high!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely quilts! If you will email me an address I'd be happy to make a few blocks for your latest project.

    ReplyDelete