Thursday, May 11, 2017

Scraps Make My World Go 'Round

I've been working nights this week and let me tell you, having my sleep schedule upside down is weird!  I'm a night owl anyway, but this is a whole different level.  I've had the hardest time keeping track of what day it is.  On the bright side, there isn't much to do at night but sew.


I got two scrappy tops quilted that were given to me by a friend from the Tyler Modern Guild, Janis. Thanks Janis!  Some of my own scraps that had been given away in a guild scrap-pot-luck actually made their way back to me in the tumbler quilt.


Both of these are Bonnie Hunter patterns.  The little tumblers were her 2015 leader-ender challenge and the other one is called "Sister's Choice."


The tumbler quilt got a stipple, but for the other I got out of my comfort zone a bit and did some wobbly loops. You know me, living on the edge ;)


Hope you had a good week and found plenty of time to sew! 


The current Covered in Love block drive is going on until the end of June if you want to help out.  More info here


Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Oh Scrap!

Listening to...Some thing a little more current than usual. Love Ed Sheeran.

7 comments:

  1. Two really pretty scrappy quilts. I have a tumbler quilt started and need to get busy and finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be the week for tumbler and nine patch quilts! I finished a tumbler top and am working on some nine patch blocks. I like the sashing in the nine patch. Great finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are lovely quilts! Gotta love scraps! I've always wanted to make a tumbler quilt. You renewed my tumbler desire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep seeing Sister's Choice quilts popping up lately. I really like that pattern, and it looks great in this scrappy version! Your wobbly loops give me confidence that wobbly is the "in" way to do loops right now, so I'm hip and cool and in the know. I've climbed on the Wobbly Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress on finishing up some of your quilt tops. I really like that scrappy tumbler one. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love BOTH of those scrappy quilts!! Hoping the night shift doesn't wear on you too much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your two new scrappy quilts. I need to do more free motion practice. I'll hop on that Wobbly Wagon with you and Louise!

    ReplyDelete