Thursday, July 11, 2019

String Drive 2019: Round 2


Another weekend, some more string quilts! This is round 2 of quilts from the Jan/Feb Covered in Love block drive.


The top 3 quilts in this post were assembled and quilted by me from blocks sent in during the drive.


Thanks to the many of you who sent in blocks! These bottom two were tops sent in by Melinda, (along with backings and binding!) and finished by me.


They aren't technically part of the block drive, but I'm counting them since they are string quilts that came in at the same time.


Thanks Melinda!  I'm actually reasonably close to finishing all the string quilts from this year's challenge, which is definitely a record!


Hope you're all having a good summer so far and enjoying some good weather and good family time!

Quilting Supervisor looking so regal

Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 400 so far! The July/August drive is going on now.  Check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved.


Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday

10 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous ! I find it amazing that in all that riot of color, i can easily spot the blocks i made and sent....... i think i remember fabric better than i remember lots of other details, like where my car keys are, lol ! Great work, everyone, and KAT !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ALL turned out great, Kat!! LOVE that I was able to find the block that I sent in. It's like a treasure hunt when trying to recognize my contributions within the completed quilt! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Melinda's work! She must have the best, most colorful stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the variety of string quilts. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning use of strips! Great cause, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unlike Kathleen & The Joyful Quilter, I don't always recognize my blocks unless I see a specific fabric I used. Since I don't take pics of my blocks before I send them to you I just forget what fabrics I used. I just love looking at what others have sent in to you for the finished quilts. Lovely work by all involved. Great, great cat picture. Looks like he's got it all "covered" for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great contrast in the string quilt top. I love your idea of using firewood to hold the quilts down. I use clothspins to hang mine from the gutter but sometimes the quilts are too long for that and I have to use the garage door. But I like your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful string inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scrappy delicious! Congrats on your beautiful finishes and for using those scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! These are gorgeous string quilts! I especially like the one in the first picture!

    ReplyDelete