Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Finally sewing again!

Well, it's been a while! Way back in August I started back to school full time, started 4 day a week rehearsals for a play, and started into an intense period at work, all at the same time! I've been MIA ever since, but boy am I glad to be back. The play is now in production, so no more 4 hours of rehearsal every night. I feel like I've quit a job, I have so much free time now.

So what have I been doing? Sewing like mad, naturally. I finally got to tear into the Basic Grey charm pack I got for my birthday. I've strip pieced.

Sewed curves without pinning. (Living on the edge!)

Made a mountain of trimmings.

And put together a top, minus 2 more borders.

The effect of modified cathedral windows block makes it look like the white fabric is being peeled back to give a peek of the other fabric behind it. I love the way it's turning out. I've been trying to take really good pictures and make notes all along the way so that I can make a .pdf pattern once I finish this. I'm hoping to get this done in time to put it for sale at my friend's booth during a street fair this weekend. I'd better get quilting ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment