Wednesday, August 29, 2018

New Covered in Love Block Drive!


Happy Fall, y'all! It's still hot here, but I hold on to the hope that Fall is coming and it might cool down sometime in the next 2 months.  Meanwhile, it's time for the next Covered in Love block drive, which will run through September and October.


This block drive is a repeat from March 2016, but hopefully it will be new to many of you. This was one of my favorites of all time and there are so many more quilters participating in CiL now, I want to see what we can make!


The tutorial is HERE. Note that this time we're making a 10.5" block instead of our usual 12.5".  Each block has 4 fussy-cut "eye-spy" blocks, so a 60x70" quilt ends up with 168 different little images.  Something perfect to look at and kill time in the hospital and lots of little easter-eggs for people to connect to.


If you're looking for inspiration you can look at the finishes from the old block drive here.


If you haven't ever participated in a Covered in Love block drive I hope you'll consider it!  We make quilts to be given to the families of patients who pass away in the hospital. Anyone can participate and make as few or as many blocks as you like, just get them in the mail by the end of October.  Email CoveredinLoveTx@gmail.com or comment (make sure you aren't a "no-reply" blogger or leave your email address) to get the address to send blocks.

10 comments:

  1. I am in this month. Adult or kid "I spy" centers? And you need the blocks by when ?? Love what you do

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was also a past favorite of mine! Looking forward to joining this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this one last time, and know it will be fun again. I just finished some very kid-oriented I-spy blocks, and have some left over that are more grown up. The color scheme is the same as last time, too, right? Three creams with one navy/red/gold?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple enough! It’s been pretty steamy here, too, which is most unusual! Even the ocean breeze doesn’t cool things down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do have a lot of little cute patterns left from fussy cutting hexagon flowers, so I think I will have a chance to make some of these. Thanks! What about things like Halloween fabric? I'm going to a friend's in Ohio for a week, and we are working on Halloween jar quilts. There's bound to be enough left for little middle squares.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, these are such fun blocks to make. I've already made 10 in the last 2 days! Never made I-Spy blocks before & they are so easy & fast. Thanks for all the variety in your block drives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got four blocks done today. Going to try for at least ten.

    ReplyDelete