Not that my block is perfect, it definitely isn't, but I think this block design is an ideal bee block!
Jenny chose this for our January block for my do. Good Stitches group; you can find the tutorial here. We made the 16" blocks, which use a 2" square as their base. With 104 pieces per block making one of these by myself would take a few years and cost sanity and possibly lives. Making just one block is fun, making a dozen poses a danger to myself and others. You get the point :)
And check out the beautiful trimmings I made from the HSTs! Speaking of do. Good Stitches, I am still working on quilting the top from the square stars blocks we made in October. For some reason I am a glutton for punishment with these Good Stitches tops and always try to do something complicated.
The snow took out our power for a few hours last week; one of my electricity-free sewing tasks was to arrange blocks from the Nov/Dec drive on the wall. Now to start sewing these together. I always need something to do with my hands while I'm listening to class lectures. Mechanically sewing together blocks is the perfect task!
Linking to Oh Scrap.