Sunday, January 21, 2018

A Perfect Bee Block

Not that my block is perfect, it definitely isn't, but I think this block design is an ideal bee block!


Jenny chose this for our January block for my do. Good Stitches group; you can find the tutorial here.  We made the 16" blocks, which use a 2" square as their base.  With 104 pieces per block making one of these by myself would take a few years and cost sanity and possibly lives. Making just one block is fun, making a dozen poses a danger to myself and others. You get the point :)


And check out the beautiful trimmings I made from the HSTs!  Speaking of do. Good Stitches, I am still working on quilting the top from the square stars blocks we made in October.  For some reason I am a glutton for punishment with these Good Stitches tops and always try to do something complicated.


The snow took out our power for a few hours last week; one of my electricity-free sewing tasks was to arrange blocks from the Nov/Dec drive on the wall.  Now to start sewing these together.  I always need something to do with my hands while I'm listening to class lectures. Mechanically sewing together blocks is the perfect task!

Linking to Oh Scrap.

7 comments:

  1. The Nov/Dec blocks are looking good. You amazing with how these blocks come together.Keep on Quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! That's a LOT of pieces for ONE bee block!!! I might just be crazy enough for making one (or more) of those blocks. LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bee block is awesome. Look at all the scraps in there! Stay warm and thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the star block. 104 pieces does seem a little overwhelming for one block, but it's so cute, I have to try it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great block, scrap quilts are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yowza! That's a complicated block! I'd sure want to have lots of friends helping make them, too :)

    Your design wall looks great. I couldn't picture how all those blocks were going to play together. Love that rich color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That really IS a cute block. Ya know ..... if you made it with layer cakes you would only have to make one. I'm just sayin'

    ReplyDelete