Thursday, April 22, 2021

UFOs No More

I've been on a roll finishing tops recently.  Thanks to H2H for helping to bring in quilts while I take a break from block drives.  This quilt top came from Barb C., she calls it Scrappy Blue Clamshell Tessellation and said the pattern came from Royal Quilt Designs.

This next quilt with the Kaffe fabrics also came from Barb but it couldn't be more different.  Both of these have been gifted to parents who lost their adult son.  

Barb called this one the Kaffe Fassett Garden Quilt. The 9 Patch & Hourglass pattern came from Missouri Quilt Co. 

These next two tops came from Jan at The Colorful Fabriholic. I was able to supplement the crappy shady-day pics with some close ups on the swing.  

That's Paddington Bear, right, on the focal fabric?  A lot of the others are tone on tones with great textures and I love the mellow colors.  

Both of Jan's quilts had some of my favorite color combos.  I love these skinny strings. I think this might be the last of the tops from the last batch Jan sent me? There might honestly still be some buried around here but I'm going to find them!


The spring and the spring flowers are so beautiful here and I captured some of them with fabric dyeing a couple weeks ago, as I teased you with before.  I did make a post about this whole process and these here and I listed them in my Etsy shop :)
 

Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 700 so far! During March/April we are supporting the Hands2Help Challenge instead of our normal block drive.  Check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved. 

Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday

8 comments:

  1. WOW, what a great bunch of quilts you finished up! Love that clamshell (though I'd never do one as not great at those curved edges) and those skinny strings are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful show of quilts. Fabulous donations for H2H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cyanotype dyeing! Must try that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing FOUR fantastic quilts for comforting grieving families, Kat. You and your helpers do great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Kat, for finishing up the tops I sent. They look so much better quilted and ready to be used than they did as my UFOs. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful finishes! Many thanks to Barb and Jan for donating these pretty tops. You did a fantastic job quilting them up, Kat!

    ReplyDelete