Thursday, December 16, 2021

Donated Quilts

It feels like it's been a while since I made a Friday post! Holidays are always so busy, and the census at the hospital is high as many elective surgeries that got put off are getting done at once. I hope you're all having an excellent holiday season. I've eaten too many cookies already.

All the quilts in today's post were donated already finished and quilted. These first two came from Tina C. who has been working on putting together a backlog of leftover "block of the months" and blocks from retreats and such.

The traditional colors in the first quilt are lovely, my mom would say they are "her colors". But I love this grey and yellow version. 


Erin E sent in this brilliant rainbow string quilt. It reminds me of one I made years ago. 

Lisa T sent in this quilt she made. She has been keeping me posted on her progress as she "Louise-d" together some coordinating scraps.  I told Louise she'd been verbed and she was delighted. 

I especially like this little pop of the flange at the binding and the perfectly coordinating backing.

Gail H sent in three darling little quilts.

The top one reminds me of some of the nontraditional Christmas colors I've seen lately. Sort of retro pinks and greens. It also remind me of the Strawberry Shortcake doll I had when I was little, did anyone else have one of those?

One of my patients got a quilt this week.  A very tough man in his 90s who was absolutely (apparently) healthy and independent until suddenly he wasn't.  His family made the decision to transition to comfort care and let him die with more dignity. His wife with Alzheimers, whom he had been caring for, was able to be at bedside and receive a quilt. 

These 13 quilts came from Kathy H.  More than half are in browns, fall colors, and masculine designs which are especially appreciated. Thank you Kathy!


And thank you to all the rest of you! Hope your year is finishing well.  Here's Sundae in her favorite sleeping position, letting it all hang out ;)


Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 800 so far! The September/October drive is running now, check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved. 

Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely collection of quilts! Ps: During Christmas time one can not eat too many cookies ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your show and tell. What great quilts. People are so very generous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific assortment! I agree with Sandy; so much generosity on display. Many thanks to Tina, Erin, Lisa, Gail and Kathy for giving these beautiful finished quilts to families who need comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! What an awesome collection of quilt, Kat!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy happy quilts!!
    I hope things slow down for you and that you can enjoy the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a joy it must be to receive finished quilts for CiL! They are all beautiful. I loved seeing the "Louise-d" quilt from Lisa T. Hoping some day "Louise-d" will become a new dictionary word!!
    Thank you to all who sent in these completed, comforting quilts.
    Sundae looks so laid back & comfy at home.

    ReplyDelete