Thursday, May 23, 2024

Donna's Quilts

Donna J delivered a beautiful batch of quilts to Covered in Love recently.  These two scrappy quilts with the vintage fabrics are my favorite. Might make a good block drive with each person making a 9-patch? I love the wild colors and pattern. 

The rest of the quilts are more traditional, starting with this cozy patchwork quilt with stars at the intersections. 

I took a closeup so you can see Donna's wonderful quilting. 

Things are going very well with Covered in Love's mission to deliver comfort quilts to East Texans in need. I hope you all saw the "thank you" note I posted a couple weeks ago

It's hard for me to really share the impact of our quilts with you due to patient privacy laws, but I promise they are a great help.

I'm trying to stay more on top of the block situation now that we finally got caught up. You probably noticed I am stretching the drives out to 3 months rather than two, and we will probably still take off a few months, I am thinking around Christmas. 

Thank you for all your support of CiL and I hope your summer is starting off well!

Cleanliness is next to cat-liness, or so I'm told. 

  Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 1400 so far! The April-June block drive is live now.  Check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved.

 

7 comments:

  1. All great quilts, Donna is an angel providing warm and healing quilts to your mission!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilters are amazing at sharing their generosity. Lovely quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna's quilts are fabulous! Thank you, Donna!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think Donna's scrappy block would be a great block drive! We love to use up what we have & it is full of happy colors! Thank you to Kat's Angels for the beautiful quilts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got my potato chips done. I just have to trim them and get them in the mail.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing the beautiful quilts made for CiL. It warms my heart to know that so many are helping you spread love & comfort to those in need. Thank you so much for this organization & to all who are an important part of it.
    Kitty cleans up nicely!

    ReplyDelete