Friday, January 15, 2016

The Last of the String Quilts

Way back in October over 20 volunteers sent in nearly 300 foundation pieced string blocks to make quilts for Covered in Love and at long last they're all done!  8 quilts ready to go.


A million thanks to everyone who sent in blocks and a big thank you to Annie McHugs who volunteers her time, skill, and her batting to do some long arm quilting for me.


I quilted 4 of these and Annie did the other 4 on her long arm.  Mine are stippled, but each of hers is different and has some awesome FMQ designs.


I love these leaves she did.  The overall structure is like big feathers, but with leaves instead.  And then she did some butterflies on this really bright one.


It takes an army to make these quilts, and I so admire you guys who keep pitching in when you don't get to see the results personally.  Rest assured that these quilts are a powerful gift and that they mean a lot to the families who get them.


Thanks to everyone who offered opinions on the string diamonds design wall the other day, and also wished me well. I think I finally turned the point in my cold yesterday.  Covered in Love monthly blocks drives will resume in February after I dig myself out from under November and December's blocks!

Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts.

9 comments:

  1. These are just lovely quilts - well done to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilts! That is a lot to get done in a short time. I love your blog name and Rory too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting such great photos of the finished quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all beautiful! All those bright colors will hopefully lift someone's spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! These look so cheery! It's amazing how something beautiful can be made with scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the porch swing, love the quilts

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the porch swing, love the quilts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kat they are so beautiful and cheerful - what a wonderful blessing!

    ReplyDelete