Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Design Wall Options

Halfway through January already! It doesn't seem possible. I've been making good progress on the Covered in Love quilts.  The string pinwheels are on the wall now auditioning design options.


Top left is a regular setting, below that I offset the rows, and on the right is on point.  I think I like the on point setting best, although it will mean cutting lots of setting triangles.  What do you think?


I'm also working on finishing the quilting on the latest crumb quilt.  Rory's been "helping". 


And of course now I'm sick and I just want to spend all my time napping.  Here's hoping this croup doesn't last too long.


Linking to WIP Wednesday.

8 comments:

  1. I like the on-point setting too! Love your cat photos, but that last one makes me sleepy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The on-point is fabulous, but the regular setting would work if you're not in the mood for setting triangles. Hope you feel better soon! Take advice from Rory and curl up with a good quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the top left setting, where the internal block is on-point, and not just because it saves on triangles! Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon. I'm sure Rory will join you for a nap. I love the on point setting but do the design that will get the quilt finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get well soon. The on point setting is lovely. And Rory is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get well soon. This has been a bad year for illnesses it seems. I like the on point setting. It's going to be a very pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both settings have diamond shapes, no matter what. The one on the left would be a bit easier to sew, though.

    It's a real thrill to glimpse a couple of my blocks on your design wall!

    I hope you feel better soon; it's never fun to have a cold and be draggin' your wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you are sick, but I am sure that Rory is able to provide some comfort

    ReplyDelete