Thursday, February 11, 2016

Big Quilt Delivery Day!

I've got tons to show you today, most of which I can take very much credit for. It's so exciting to get to take 10 quilts all at once up to the hospital for Covered in Love! This brings our grand total to 58!!  The chaplains are always so excited to get new quilts.  Prepare yourself for a picture heavy post.


First up, I finished the last of the falling leaves quilts from the November block drive. And when I say I finished, I really mean finished, as I put on the binding. That's really all I can say I did on this one. The top came to me already pieced and Annie did her awesome long arm quilting again.


Isn't it great? The colors just glow.


If you look closely at this picture you can make out the free motion design, they are big leaves.


Here they are all in one picture. Five quilts altogether from the blocks you guys made in November, pat yourselves on the back!  I have to admit, I think this is my favorite of the block drives we did last year.


Next up is the quilt actually assembled and quilted myself last week. It's the second of the string diamonds from December block drive.


This one is made from the blocks that had a lighter brown for the background color. And although I loved how the zigzag quilting looked on the first quilt, it's too time intensive to use for them all. This one got a quick stipple.


I think adding the label with everyone's name adds a nice personal touch to the quilt. Sort of to connect the people who made it to the people who eventually receive it.  Just one more of the string diamonds to go and I will be caught up on block drive quilts!


Finally, you may remember that my do. Good Stitches circle has started supporting covered in love.  Carla sent in two of our quilts from the past year which arrived today, to combine with the one Louise sent me a little while back.


Aren't they lovely?   You can see more pics on the blog posts about the blue and orange diamond quilt and the modern pineapple. Carla also sent along two of her own quilts for Covered in Love!


Whew! What blessings!  If you would like to help out with Covered in Love remember our February block drive is going on now! Click on the block below to link to the tutorial.


Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it Friday.

5 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! What an amazing effort by all concerned .... and such gorgeous quilts to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for you to make such a big delivery!! Quilters are such lovely generous people aren't they?! These are such awesome quilts! Bravo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your accomplishment; the quilts are beautiful to go along with the beautiful hearts that made them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on all those fine finishes! I also love your cool woodshed quilt-holder because the natural light is always best for quilt photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many wonderful finishes to share (with us on the blog and with the hospital!)

    ReplyDelete