Thursday, November 17, 2016

Up with the birds... and the cats

Some days I go to bed expecting to go to work, only to wake up to a phone call that there are more nurses on the schedule than we have patients for so I have an unexpected day off. Usually I can go back to sleep, but sometimes once I'm up I'm up and I may as well use my time well.


These photos were taken on one such day, when I was up with the birds bright an early.  I almost never get up in time for the dawn light and usually have to wait until late afternoon to take quilt pictures.


This is the last of the straightforward star quilts from July's Covered in Love block drive.  There were ten or so blocks leftover that will be incorporated into a later quilts.

a fun Christmas surprise block courtesy of Louise

I didn't get any good pictures of the backing of this one, but I used a donated piece of textured flannel that made it thick, warm, and super cuddly.  The cats of course were glad to have someone up with them.  Spot the cat in the picture below...


Rory, taking advantage of an empty trash can.  Crazy cat.


This stars quilt along with its two brothers will go into Covered in Love's stash to gift to patients at the hospital.  Thank you to all the quilters who participated in this block drive, and in all our block drives!


There is a new block drive going on now if you want to sew along, please do!  Details on the block drive page.

Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it Friday.

8 comments:

  1. I think these star quilts are my favorite so far

    ReplyDelete
  2. This star quilt is just gorgeous. I love all of the different stars featured. That cat is a troublemaker, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It never ceases to amaze me how well all the blocks go together for these scrappy quilts! I love the patriotic look of these stars. It's nice to know that the chaplains will have a couple options for veterans and their families.

    Rory's photo in the garbage can cracked my husband up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job. The stars aligned... to make a BEAUTIFUL quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful quilt. Stars and red white and blue. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always love a crazy cat! Lovely quilt, looks very patriotic in the red, white and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to let you know that I FINALLY got my 4 Hot and Cold Corners blocks in the mail to you yesterday! Hopefully you'll have them in a week or so...

    ReplyDelete