Thursday, February 15, 2018

Scrappy Susannah Wrap-up

I love these "family photo" shoots at the end of a block drive.  The "Scrappy Susannah" quilts from the Fall block drive are all done.


Thirteen beautiful, cozy scrap quilts all ready to go up to the hospital for Covered in Love.   In fact, most of these went with the latest drop off on Wednesday.  We're now up to 285 quilts given!


Glamour shots of the last 5 quilts are here.  The other 8 quilts can be seen in previous posts here and here.

Pieced and quilted by Kathy C.

About half the blocks from this drive got an on-point setting, which I talked about here.  I know I've said it before, but I love how these on-point quilts came out!  The quilts measure 68"sq and use 32 blocks, compared to the regular setting which measures 60"x72" and uses 30 blocks.

Pieced and quilted by Kathy C.

Volunteer quilters were a huge help with these.  Kathy did 4 of them and Meloney did 2.  Many of the backings were provided by Sandra.



We're especially always in need of "manly" quilts at the hospital so these will be perfect to fill that need.


Covered in Love continues to grow and I am so appreciative of all the donations and help I receive. The patients and families of East Texas have been blessed by your efforts.


With every drive the map is getting more colored in!  56 quilters from 28 states (and Canada) made 391 blocks for 13 quilts.  THANK YOU!


If you'd like to join in with Covered in Love's mission you can learn more on the main page or check out the block drive.  The current Covered in Love block drive is a fun string block and there's a GIVEAWAY going on, too!  More info here!



Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Crazy Mom Quilts and Finished or Not Friday

11 comments:

  1. That is amazing Kat! Lots of love in those quilts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The on-point version really seems to give it more interest. Beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great family shot! I just love this color palette. I glimpsed one of my blocks with the orange basketballs on it. I hope that bit of "manliness" brings a smile to someone's face :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how a little bit of effort from several people can create so much goodness. Thanks to those who contributed quilting services and backing yardage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, LOVE that last swing shot!!! I'm always fond of family portraits. Way to go, contributors, quilters, and Kat!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last picture with all of the quilts on the swing is really great. It's like getting your children dressed up and taking their photo, except none of them is making an ugly face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to see these quilts in all their glory. Love the map & how the states are filling in. Maybe 2018 will bring quilters from ALL the states. Woo-Hoo!!! Thanks for all you do & to all the quilters & contributors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome quilts! So pretty! quilt block tutorials have taught me so much!
    Your I wonder if the blocks I've sent in from New Mexico will fill in our state? Or maybe we need more participants? Anyway, thank you for the important work you do and for the learning opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are beautiful. I may need to get a swing just so I can take cool photos.

    ReplyDelete