Thursday, August 31, 2017

Susannah in the Fall {Block Drive}

Time flies, and some how just like that it's time for another Covered in Love block drive! There was a wonderful response to the July/August star blocks, so I hope you will all like this block as much.  I thought that with it getting toward Fall we would do a simple scrappy block in Fall colors.


This block is called "Scrappy Susannah" and you can find the tutorial HERE on "A Bright Corner".  Our color scheme will be different from hers, but otherwise that tutorial is correct.
 
an example of Fall colors



 Please select scrappy colors in the "Fall" color family. Think dark reds, browns, oranges, and golden yellows.  For the background (white in the tutorial) choose an off white or natural fabric, prints and scrappy are ok.  For an example of a previous block drive that used Fall colors you can see the "leaves" blocks from 2015.

(Edited to Add: View some finished quilts here)

Covered in Love makes quilts to give to patients who are dying in the hospital which their families can keep.  At this time we have delivered over 220 quilts, thanks to so many quilters who have joined in!

I know a lot of you are old hats at these blocks drives, but there have also been several new quilters joining in the past few months! Basically, anyone can participate in these block drives and you can make as few or as many blocks as you like. If you participate this month that doesn't mean you're "signed up" for next month. You can do one block drive and skip the next, however is convenient for you.  Email me at CoveredinLoveTx@gmail.com to get my address or leave a comment here and I will email you, just make sure I can reach you.



7 comments:

  1. Oh, no!! I never got around to making a Star block for the July/August Block Drive. :o((

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun block in beautiful seasonal colors! I've got some good fabrics for that. I've never made a Susannah block so hooray for learning a new skill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have much in the way of fall colors in my stash but will look & see what I can send in the way of blocks. Fall quilts are always a favorite of mine as it reminds me that cooler weather is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two blocks ready to pop into tomorrow's mail! Please email your addy so they can begin their journey! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 19 made so far and still going. I have a box of yardage for you too. Loved doing this simple therapy for me block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a couple of blocks for you....Please send me your mailing address so I can get them off to you.....🍁😊🌻

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please send me your mailing address - I'll try to get a few blocks ready to mail off to you in the next week or two. I have lots of rich autumn colors in my stash. (kudus to Louise for motivating me to pop over and see what CIL is doing)

    ReplyDelete