Thursday, December 5, 2019

Ghost of Quilts Past

Between Thanksgiving and moving house (photos forthcoming!) I've been busy the past couple weeks, fortunately Louise shipped me a couple more orphan quilts I can show you!

What's special about this top quilt is that is made almost entirely of blocks from my personal UFO stash. Strange to see them all arranged and finished like that.


Let's take a walk down memory lane...
Top and bottom row large HSTs - from this wedding quilt I made for a friend of a friend
Second row (minus the donut in the middle) triangle hexagons - from this quilt I made my Grandpa
(Row 2.5 small orange and white flying geese, not from me)
Third row improv pieced low volume fabrics surrounding novelty brights - pretty sure I never blogged these, I was playing with using scraps and thinking about a making it a block drive block
Fourth row interlocking squares - a design I was playing with waaaay back in 2010. You can see my graph paper and see how the block breaks down in this post.
Fifth row scrappy mountain majesties - from this quilt I made from Bonnie Hunter's pattern for CiL


This quilt is a mix of blocks from the Scrappy Susannah block drive in Fall 2017 and Fall Leaves from 2015. The center panel is from a fat quarter stack I was donated; the rest of the fat quarters mostly went into this top.


Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 500 so far! The Nov/Dec drive is going on now.  Check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved.


Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday

4 comments:

  1. How fun to learn the provenance of each block! They are all sort of cousins, aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that Louise turned some of your very own Orphan Blocks into quilts for Covered in Love, Kat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful quilts Louise turned your orphan blocks into. If there ever were an orphan blocks that needed a temporary home, Louise is the one for them to go to until she creates them into beautiful quilts. She is so talented. Thanks for sharing those very, special quilts.
    Fudge & Sundae look pretty darn relaxed on "their" quilt. :)
    Can't wait to see the house pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun that you can remember all of those blocks and where they came from!

    ReplyDelete