I decided to start on this because I'd always wanted to make one and I had picked up some minky on sale that I wanted to use as backing for something. The size was determined by how much of the minky I had, and I elected to go ahead and use batting in addition to the double-sided minky backing, so it's super poofy. Since I basted the layers upside down pins basting would have been a problem as it came time to remove them, instead I needle-and-thread basted (first time for me) and I'm just picking out the long threads as I cover up sections with fabric scraps.
|Crumb jar, Ticker Tape in potentia|
|Quilting from the back|
I finished up the major project I've been working on yesterday (blog post coming as soon as I get pictures) so today is a lazy day. I plan to put in some more time on the ticker tape and watch reruns of Mythbusters. Hope your Wednesday is great!
|The obligatory Wilson picture|
|Linking up to WIP Wednesday|