Thursday, February 16, 2017

UFOs and WIPs Finished



This week I am showing off 3 quilts recently finished for Covered in Love.  Each of these was given by a quilter as a top and I quilted them up. I'm always willing to take UFO tops off your hands (and your conscience!) to finish for CiL.  Jean from Connecticut sent in this beautiful, bright, HST top.


It is a very generous size, and the colors practically glow in the sunshine! I quilted it with a stipple in tan thread and bound with bright scraps to compliment the colors in the top. 


This top came from a local quilter, Janis.  I believe it started it's life during a quilting cruise.  How exotic!  The top below was made from the same fabric pull as one of our CiL block drives by Johanna from North Carolina.


The VAST majority of CiL quilts go to dying patients but there have been a few special cases.  I recently heard about a woman who was recovering from a terrible car wreck. One of the chaplains decided to take her a quilt and it meant so much to her. It lifted her spirits and soon she graduated from the hospital to a rehab facility.



Remember, the Jan/Feb CiL block drive is still going on if you want to jump in and sew some blocks. You can find it HERE.


Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

Listening to...  Appalachian Journey. I can't recommend this album highly enough!

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful response from the woman who had been in a car wreck. Sometimes, we don't know how really special these quilts are. Thanks for sharing the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat, these are truly amazing quilts. The detail and work involved is stunning. You continue to do God's work with your many quilt donations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the story of the woman who is now in rehab! And what a beautiful collection of quilts you've finished up lately.

    While we're booted off the boat this month and living in the small RV, I've decided the only sewing I want to do is top piecing. Wrangling batting and quilt sandwiches is just too much. I may end up with a bunch of tops this way, and if I get overwhelmed by them I know I can send them to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat,
    I put 6 blocks in the mail for you today.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the story about the woman recovering from the car wreck. It seems that falls under the "life is short, enjoy it now" category. How much more meaning that quilt has to that patient (and her loved ones) if it spurs her on to finish her recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing those completed quilts and tales of the power of some quilty love!!

    ReplyDelete