Thursday, April 18, 2019

Go Team?

This weekend I have that rarest of all finishes: a personal quilt that has nothing to do with Covered in Love.  Yes, it does occasionally happen.  This quilt was made for a guy friend based on his favorite baseball team.


I couldn't care less about baseball but as we all know, quilters make quilts for other people, and that means we make all kinds of quilts.  I decided on a simple quadrant design with appliqued logo and baseball stitching, all from super cozy flannel.


For the logo I traced an image and layered it over red and white fabrics and batting. Then I stitched through all the layers, perforated off the paper, and trimmed away the excess white.


The baseball stitches were made with bias folded strips and put on after the quilting was done.  Since the top is flannel, the backing is fleece, and I did use batting this quilt turned out super cozy and warm.  It's now resting in its new home on the couch at my friend's house!



Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 400 so far! The Jan/Feb drive is going on now.  Check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved.


Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday

9 comments:

  1. Congrats! on completing a personal project. Someone is going to be VERY happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Some one is a happy baseball camper :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You really nailed this one! The perfect quilt for a Red Sox fan. I love the socks in the center. You're right about making quilts for someone else...you gotta do what you think THEY would like. I'm cutting pieces for my second gray baby quilt...ugh. This must be how my great grandmother felt about avocado green in the 70s. "Why would anyone decorate a nursey with THAT color??" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I wasn't a die hard Yankee fan, I would love a quilt just like this. I'm sure your friend will be delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you did a great job! This is fantastic, and all in flannel! That must be one of the coziest quilts ever. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a Red Sox fan (I'm a true blue Cubs fan) but I think you did a fabulous job! If you don't mind, I may need to but this idea in my inspiration folder but in blue of coarse 😉!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Red Sox quilt! Never have seen anything like this, but totally wish I had something so cool. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilt! Good to know you do find a little time to make quilts still. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful, unique quilt for your friend. I'm sure he absolutely loves it. I'm so glad you found some time to quilt something personal.

    ReplyDelete