Thursday, September 8, 2022

Fall Colors Finishes from Cynthia


This week we are featuring quilts from Cynthia of Quilting is More Fun Than Housework. She laid out and finished four beautiful quilts from last fall's block drive. Let's take a look at these gorgeous pieces.


This one and the one at the top of the post are similar, but the quilting is different. The top one has simple straight and wavy lines.


The second one has a swirling wind kind of motif. So much texture!


In the third quilt, it looks like she chose the blocks that had biggest leaf prints in them. She said, "People sure have some lovely leaf fabrics in their stash!" I agree whole heartedly! 


What a great leaf quilt pattern, too. Perfect for these fabrics, don't you think?


Cynthia said, "For this one, I alternated the direction of the blocks.  This is different than the way the blocks were designed.  I always like to mix it up and see if I can see any alternate patterns emerge."


It looks like a completely different pattern this way, doesn't it? Here's a close up of her pretty quilting, another leafy pantogram. Do you see any of your blocks in Cynthia's quilts? Let us know in the comments.

Many thanks to Cynthia for her hard work on these beautiful pieces. You can see more photos of these quilts, including the backings, on Cynthia's blog: Post #1, Post #2, Post #3, and Post #4. Cynthia also hosts the "Oh, Scrap!" weekly linkup, so make sure you check out the rest of her blog while you're there. Lots of inspiration to be had!

Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 1000 so far! The September/October block drive is live now.  Check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved. 


Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday 

6 comments:

  1. I forgot to take pictures of my blocks before I sent them, so I'm not sure which ones are mine. I have some leaf prints and never thought about using them. I like the alternate design Cynthia did.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. All quilts are awesome! Great work. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew those quilt drive blocks were going to make beautiful quilts! I'm so glad to see them & they are so comfy, warm looking quilts that will be cherished by the ones receiving them. Thanks to Cynthia for such beautiful work in putting all those gorgeous blocks together. The alternating design on the last one really changes the look of the pattern. The quilting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sent in some blocks. I thought I saw mine. Then when I checked my photo on the camera roll, I don't think those were mine. Guess lots of us had pretty fall colored fabric. Some the same!! That's always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work!!! The colors are just perfect !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, LOVE these quilts!! (Insert sharp intake of breath with each new photo.) I'm ready for Autumn to arrive thanks to Cynthia and the quilters who sent in blocks!

    ReplyDelete