Friday, July 7, 2023

Another Friday

 Hello friends, sorry I've been MIA for a few weeks. I ran out of quilt photos I'd already taken and it's been too dang hot to get outside and take more.

Cousins with grandpa

I went on a couple of good weekend trips to see family and friends. I rediscovered once again that I am not built for the beach. 

Fancy wedding hair

Got to see one of my good friends get married in a beautiful state park in Tennessee and catch up with everyone I haven't seen in too long.


I have been sewing, still working on the batik mariners compass I showed a few weeks ago. It's almost done.

Me and the kitties are doing our best to stay cool. I'm finally putting my flooring back down today after repairing some water damage, so of course the AC started to limp a couple days ago. It's always something!

I'll get out and take quilt photos soon so we can get back to our regular posts, promise!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kat, your Mariner's Compass is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes there are other priorities :) Hope you can enjoy the get-togehters and fix the broken things. And don't worry, we will be here whenever you have time and energy to show us the quilt photos. We just want you to be well! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are getting time to spend with family & friends. Yes, there is ALWAYS something that comes along that we could do without. Sometimes I wake up just praying that we have a normal day without any issues that pop up. Your quilt is coming along beautifully & I love your wedding hair style. I love braids in any form or fashion. Looks like your quality control inspector needs a close up & personal look at your work. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wedding hair! I like a winter beach in California, but not a big fan of beach sitting, just walking along the edge is okay, though, on a cooler evening. It's great to be with family, always and anywhere, though, so sometimes we just go where they are. =) I hope your kitty never decides a paw can catch that needle! The mariner's compass is beautiful - almost looks like cat's eyes on the four middle points.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wedding hair is gorgeous!!!! And your quilt is Amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete