Friday, September 29, 2023

A parade of finishes

 


Hello, friends! I'm back to share a few more of your orphan pieces that were donated to Covered in Love. First up is this bold, modern quilt in all solid fabrics. The pattern is called "Lofty" and all the blocks were sent in by one of you. I can't recall if they were already sewn into rows, or just a big pile of blocks?


I stitched up the top, found this cool backing in coordinating colors, and quilted it up with parallel lines. I think it's quite handsome, don't you?


Next is another modern piece. This one was precut by Christine, using fabrics that look like they are from a single line. The hand on these is sooo soft and silky!


Both backing and binding are this stripe donated by someone else, and the colors are a perfect match. I quilted big swoopy curves in each rectangle to keep the modern vibe going.



The third quilt was made almost entirely by Cyndy. She donated the center section of pieced hearts, plus all the bonus HSTs. I added a little cream sashing and a border to bring it up to size.


Aren't those heart just so sweet? The perfect design for covering someone in love!


I think I used every scrap of turquoise and orange I had for the pieced backing. Good to use those up!


And finally, I present this super cool kaleidoscope quilt. Christine cut the hundreds of precise triangles necessary for this pattern, carefully pinned each matching set of six together, and donated all the coordinating fabrics.


I just love how the underlying fabric of flowers and butterflies became these abstract, swirling hexagons! I never would have had the patience to make all those exacting cuts, so many thanks to Christine for her hard prep work.


Thank you to everyone who donates fabric and blocks to Covered in Love. And big thanks to Kat for running the whole show and graciously taking the photos of my finished pieces.

2 comments: