Thursday, August 22, 2024

Christine & Sundance


Happy Friday, quilters! I've got some simple but beautiful quilts to show this week. Christine sent these tops in quite a while ago (like a year ago, face palm) and they have been patiently waiting their turn for the quilter. 


Because the quilt pattern is so simple I really wanted to show off some special quilting pantos. Note the bumble bee hexies above.


Enter Sundance Quilting! CiL always has a stock of tops needing to be quilted, since that step in the process tends to be our bottle neck. Thanks to some generous donations I had the funds to pay a commercial long-armer to help us catch up.

sailboats, sea stars, and waves

Sundance has been lovely to work with. They are giving us a charity discount, which certainly helps. But even without a discount their prices are great for high quality machine quilting. 


Christine has been a longtime supporter of CiL and I have 4 more of these tops to eventually show plus a few others of hers. 

leaves and swirls

She picked some beautiful coordinating fabrics to make these tops and I know they will be loved in their eventual homes. 


Apologies for the swing pictures. It gets so hard to take pics in the summer when it's 100 degrees and the humidity is fogging up my camera lens. I look like I've had a bath in my clothes by the time I'm done!

Click on the photo to zoom in, this panto of dolphins and waves is my favorite so far of the ones Sundance has done for us.

Thank you to Christine for the tops, Sundance for the quilting, Loretta who donated several bolts of backing fabrics, and of course my faithful photo assistant, Fudge.

Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 1500 so far! The July-Sept block drive is live now.  Check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved.

 


2 comments:

  1. Many thanks to Christine, Sundance & Loretta for a wonderful collaboration that produced such beautiful quilts. I'm so glad that CiL is still going & growing strong with contributors. Everyone, no matter how much or how little you contribute, plays an extremely important part in keeping CiL continuing to serve hurting families. Thanks to one & all ... including Fudge & Sundae!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Large pantos are just the ticket for charity quilts. So much fun to see the variety of motifs in use. I'm with you when it comes to the dolphins. Such fun.

    ReplyDelete