Thursday, August 8, 2024

Yet More Tall 9s


Happy Friday, quilters! There are seven more Tall 9s quilts in this post, all quilted by Linda, from the Sept 2021 block drive


We are getting close to the end of the quilts from this drive. I believe with this post we're are 41 finished so far. 


This drive has been my kryptonite over the past three years. Every time I think I've gotten all the blocks and tops sent off to quilters and done I find more! I found three more tops just last month.


But, now I think, as best I can tell, when these last three come back from the quilter I'll be able to make the final post on this drive.


I'm not really complaining! What a crazy blessing it is for CiL to have grown to the point that we can make nearly fifty quilts from a single drive! So many quilters from all over the world have joined in supporting grieving families; I could never have predicted this when I started back in 2015.


(Oh my, I just realized that next year will be our ten year anniversary!)


Enormous thanks to all the quilters who sent in blocks for this drive, and to our dedicated long-arm quilters to have helped me dig out from under them all.


Linda assembled and quilted these quilts from donated blocks. She chose some fun Fall-ish pantos for the quilting. There was also some very nice yardage donated, which I used for backings that you can see on some of these.


The Tall 9s block is one of my favorites because it's so simple, but it can look completely different depending on how it's set. Plus, it's great for showing off novelty fabrics.


Awesome binding on this one, below, with feather panto.


And a spicy backing!


Thanks to everyone who contributed to this drive! Fingers crossed the next time I post about this one will be the wrap up post.


Fudge back up to his old tricks.


Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 1400 so far! The July-Sept block drive is live now.  Check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved.

 


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful finishes! There's just something universally soothing about fall colors, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so pretty - and so perfect for the upcoming fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first saw this block in 2021, I thought what a drab block. Didn't see its promise. But WoW how great it is as a completed quilt. Hoorah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late in commenting on these quilts because for some reason the comment area did not show up on my computer. This happens at times so I think it my computer and not the website.
    The quilts are absolutely beautiful & those warm, fall colors just make me think of cuddle time. Thanks to all who participated the the block drive with such outstanding results.
    Fudge has a bushel full of tricks!

    ReplyDelete