Thursday, August 15, 2024

Mina's Rainy Day Quilts

Happy Friday everyone! Mina has been a major contributor to CiL almost since we began and she's also a fellow Texan. I love to see her quilts turning up at Many Hands Many Hearts now. 

Some years ago, I got to meet her darling parents when they drove up this way to deliver a big load of finished quilts along with some tops.  These 25 finished quilts have been my "rainy day" stash ever since then, waiting for the day I got behind and needed them.

Recently I did need to re-stock one of our hospitals and had no quilts photographed and ready to go. I was able to label, wash, and deliver all of these in just a couple of days. Thank you, Mina for ALL your support over the years!

Fudge was also a big "help".

 Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 1500 so far! The July-Sept block drive is live now.  Check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved.

 


4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Mina for the beautiful quilts that you've made for CiL all these years! Rainy day quilts are a must when life gets in the way. Fudge knows & appreciates the value of a good quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those houses, Mina's "signature" style quilt! Many thanks to her for her generous donations of time and talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure trove of quilts. Clearly Fudge agrees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kat for the shout out. My parents had such a great time meeting you and delivering the quilts :)

    ReplyDelete