Thursday, March 5, 2015

A Finished UFO

I started on a Disappearing Hourglass Quilt back in September of last year. For some reason it got swept aside, but I pulled those blocks out last week and finally finished them!


As you can see it has been pretty dark and cold here. These pictures were taken a few days ago, but today the sun actually came out!  I used a combination of stipple and echo quilting on this small quilt.


Sometimes it's fun to quilt the heck out of a little quilt.  (My idea of dense quilting obviously varies a lot from some other peoples'...)


I found the perfect backing in my stash and bound it with scraps of leftover bindings. It finished at 36"x48".


This quilt will be donated whenever I next send off quilts, probably to Margaret's Hope Chest.  Crazy Mom Quilts is on vacation this month so I will be looking for other end-of-the-week linkups and add them here as I find some!

Whoop Whoop Fridays @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict.
Oh Scrap! @ Quilting is More Fun Than Housework.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Someone is going to be very happy and warm with this lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great quilt - so glad it got finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is lovely but that backing fabric...what a wonderful surprise!

    Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really fun! I love the quilting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete