Thursday, February 28, 2013

Friday Finishes: Baby edition!

Is there anything better than making things for a new baby? If there is I don't know what.

It is actually bound now, this is just the best picture I have.

I don't know how many of you were around to remember the Sea Life Mobile I made a few years ago, but the baby boy I made that for is getting a new little brother in April. They are using the same nursery and colors so I stuck to the ocean theme. I made a wallhanging for baby Chris with the great Constellations fabrics from Lizzy House. I improv pieced the waves using the easy curves technique and the 3D flags on the boat are actually maritime signal flags that spell out the baby's name.

I think the anchor is my favorite design, but the little bowties with suspenders are pretty darn cute

Unluckily for the baby's mama, although she's getting another boy he'll be born 6 months earlier than his brother, meaning that none of the clothes from the first boy will be the right size/right season. You know what that means, we need baby clothes!


I added appliques to a bunch of onesies and even some little pants. I first used the "lite" iron on adhesive and then stitched down the edges.


I used a lot of nautical designs as well as some general boy stuff. It was a blast to get into my stash and scraps and find those favorite fabrics.


The baby shower is Sunday and I can hardly wait :)

Linking up to Finish It Friday, check it out!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my - how absolutely adorable! I can just see all the fun you had making them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those onesies are so cute. He's going to be such a well dressed baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your applique work is fantastic! She's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the theme and everything is so precious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the wall hanging is amazing!! How very clever to spell the baby's name with the flags!

    ReplyDelete