Sunday, March 16, 2014

An Impatient Quilt

I'm still sewing, pressing, trimming, and sorting HSTs for my latest scrap project.  I've been at this for, what, two weeks now?  Needless to say, it's getting old, but I am making progress.  All the HSTs are sewn and pressed, now I am just trimming them up.

Each of the tall stacks in the back has 120 finished HSTs.  The stacks in the front still need to be trimmed and counted.  I needed 576 HSTs for a bed size quilt and it's looking like that will be no problem. 

After trimming a few hundred HSTs today I was tired and bored so I decided to sew something quick and fun. I got out this great babushka fabric I got in a scrap pack and started pulling fabrics to match the colors.  Everything got cut to whatever width was available x WOF and thrown up on the design wall.

Almost all of these fabrics are from Hawthorne Threads scrap packs. I know I have said before how much I love these.  They truly are the greatest.  I've ended up with quite a few large scale prints that are definitely not my usual color scheme; I used a couple in this top and they look perfect.

I can't take credit for the idea to ruffle two of the strips. I saw it on a blog somewhere, and I've no idea where. Can't wait to get busy with some FMQ on this top!

Linking up to Judy's Design Wall Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Love your stacking doll fabric. Went to Russia years ago and have always wanted to do a quilt with that trip in mind, but I'd have to go back to buy fabric. That's not happening, especially not now!!! (Hate HST!!!)