Sunday, March 9, 2014

Simple Scrappy Top (& yet more strings)

I had a busy few days sewing before I got caught up in work for the weekend. First of all, on the design wall, is a baby quilt I made with the leftover ends of strings that were too short for the Scrappy Puddles quilt.


I like it, but it's sort of plain. I think I'm going to rip out a few seams tomorrow and spice it up a little.  I'm really looking forward to quilting this one. 


I also started on another new scrap quilt by cutting 3.5" squares from every brightly colored fabric I could find in my scraps.  I was sort of planning to do this as a leader-ender but, let's face it, I don't have the patience to drag a project like that.  It'll probably be done soon :)  I already have an idea for another scrap quilt I'm itching to start on. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and get sewing!

Linking up to Judy's Design Wall Monday.

5 comments:

  1. That's a nice way of using scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these colors and the simplicity of the design makes it so striking. Love, love, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love it!!! The solid really makes those strings shine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love blue and brown together. I think the quilt top looks great as is.

    ReplyDelete