Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Crumb Jar Quilting

It seems like I just go from one are of my scraps to the next, tackling whichever is the most out of hand.

2" scraps
First it was the "stacks," which are larger pieces. Those went into the Rainbow Waves quilt.  Then it was strings, those became several small and large quilts.  Most recently the crumb jar was packed full and could hold no more.  The last time it got full I cut 1.5" pieces from it to make the Sherwood Forest quilt.

2" squares from the crumb jar
This time I decided to cut 2" pieces. I separated out the 2" squares but also cut a pile of crumbs that are 2" on their long side.


Tonight I sat down to sew and quickly made a bunch of these mini nine patches. More to come tomorrow!

Linking up to Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. I had never heard them called 'crumbs' before - I love that name! The mini nine patches look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, maybe I should sort my scraps by shape and size instead of just color. You're inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete