Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Quilting and Feline Disapproval

Today and yesterday were spent nose-to-the-grindstone trying to finish Boyfriend's quilt.  Piecing and basting were finished last night, then there was some applique (ick!) and lots of quilting.


Boyfriend is a pretty tough customer. He likes medallion style quilts best. He like a very narrow range of dark colors and natural tones with pops of orange. He despises white as a background color. And he requested that his quilt be especially "fluffy".


Oi vey. I did my best, and I hope he likes it!  One good thing, he specifically mentioned that he likes stipple FMQ and less dense quilting patterns. Don't have to tell me twice :)


This is what Wilson does when he's fed up with me sitting at the machine and ignoring him.  Right after giving me the Kitty-Snub-of-Complete-Indifference he climbs into my lap and wants to be held like a baby.


Elvis isn't thrilled about the noise of the machine but mostly he's just glad to be inside and warm.  Hope your week is productive and fun!

Linking to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

    I'm not really a cat person, but that ball of fur, otherwise known as Elvis, is very cute :) Between cats and quilting, it looks like you have your hands full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours in the quilt. Can't wait to see the finished product. The stippling is looking great. Good choice by your boyfriend. Love your two cats

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a talented gal, these are great. The boys are looking as lovely as ever.

    ReplyDelete