Saturday, January 24, 2015

Scrappy Stars Quilt Top

I had a mini sewing retreat at the boyfriend's house today. I had kitted up a couple of scrappy quilt tops ahead of time and managed to get one done (after a brief outing to Hancocks for a fat quarter, somehow I cut 32 of one size of squares rather than the 36 I needed!)


This Scrappy Stars top finished at 50" x 65" and is made completely from stash and scraps.  I am trying to focus on making quilts in this size to go toward my Covered in Love project to bring quilts to families losing a loved one in the hospital where I work.  I tried to go for a different palette, more browns and toned down colors that would appeal to "older" folks ;) The colors kind of remind me of Sweetwater's Authentic line, which I loved.


Linking to Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework and Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.

6 comments:

  1. Wow- I really love this layout! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!.

    And how wonderful of you to support such a sad but loving program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great quilt top and I love the cause for which you made it. Visiting from Oh Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice idea. I like how the stars and the diagonal white adds a little flare to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those colors in that design. What a great quilt for a wonderful cause.
    Kathy T. in Tampa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a kind and thoughtful project you have started. I have made a couple of quilts for 'Blankets of Love' a charity project that provides quilts to families who have lost a child through still birth. You can't take away the pain, but at least show people that you care. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great top and a great project. Most of my charity quilting is for kids.

    ReplyDelete